Saturday, May 05, 2012

Dog Beach - PageMaps Sketch - My Mind's Eye

Hi all!

I made a little time to play along with a recent PageMaps sketch.  When I saw the sketch it just got my Mojo flowing, check it out.....

The unfortunate thing is once I sat down to craft, I was tired and didn't really feel like doing the things I had envisioned for the layout.  I wanted to create some handmade embellies, but couldn't be bothered.  So, after laying down the background papers and photos I packed in it and went to bed and finished off where I left the next day. Which was a great idea, since i then felt like getting messy and making embellies!  One thing I did differently on this layout is used a brown Adirondack paint dauber instead of ink on the edges of all of the elements on this layout.  I will definitely be doing that again, it was super fun and gives a slightly different look!

This is what I came up with....

We are lucky to have a dog beach at our summer trailer park, and our Bulldogge Mollie loves it there!  And we love watching her splash and swim!  I just wish she'd learn to swim with her mouth shut and not drink all of that lake water!

The patterned papers are MME's "On the Bright Side".   I love all of the wood grained papers in the collection. 
 I made the ticket stubs, using this tutorial that I posted on April 25th, and then I stamped them with a wood grain stamp.
I even stamped some little punched butterflies with the wood grain pattern.

Thanks so much for visiting me today!  I really appreciate it when you stop by!
Laura
xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Great stuff! I like the blue space ... I think it is really effective on the layout ... I love the lettering and the layering and the little bit of "rustic" going on.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!