Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Ever Mine - Inspiration Elevator - Lucky 7

Hi there!

I want to share something new and fun with you!  I joined forces with a group of very talented scrappy ladies from near and far, who want to raise the bar in their own creative process, through unique challenges that we issue to each other once a month. Together we are  "Inspiration Elevator" or IE for short!

These won't be run of the mill challenges and we hope you will join us each month and be inspired by the innovative designs we create.

This is not a blog hop, and there are no prizes, but we would love it if you would take a few minutes to see what the rest of the Inspiration Elevator team has created.  We are sure you will feel inspired to be creative yourself:



The first challenge, issued by Christa, is two-fold: to create a new project that reflects your personal scrappy style, and to use a new product or technique that you find inspiring right now.

This is the layout I created for this challenge.....

 Let me tell you why it reflects my style, or is truly me.

I love: distressed and masculine papers, 5 x 7 photos, lots of layers of patterned papers, clusters of embellishments, border punches,banners and flags, tickets, wood, inked edges, hand stitching and most of all a great photo of my littlest man.

Also, if you have visited my blog before you probably know that my husband and I have 3 sons, 2 in their 20's and the little guy in the photo, most people upon meeting us assume he was an oops - he wasn't, he was our chosen child, adopted and loved long before that.  I tell you this as many of my layout titles have 'adoption language' such as 'mine', 'forever' and 'ever'.... this is something else that makes this layout truly me.

 I love my buttons threaded.
 You see I couldn't resist adding this sweet little heart brad!
 A 't' rub-on makes a monogrammed star!

Now what is new... well this line of papers is from a company called "Lucky 7", which are not technically new, but as I have only recently discovered them, they are new to me!  And they are Canadian! The rich colours of this particular line with it's spirograph-esque pattern spoke to me as soon as I saw it.  And sometimes that is all it takes to get the mojo flowing!

I hope you find the time to play along with this challenge to create a layout that is truly you.  And if you do, leave me a comment with a link to your project and I will definitely come and leave you some love!

Thank you for visiting!
Laura
xoxo


16 comments:

  1. Incredible layout, love your style!

    ReplyDelete
  2. fun product, great colours and definitely some great guy accents. Beautiful page.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love, love this! Love the pennant!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laura, you do that distressed masculine style like no one else..but you are an artiste extraordinaire! I love this and that star with the stitching is divine! Thanks for travelling with us on this creative journey.

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a fabulous masculine page! love all the elements! great design!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super Laura Whitaker layout! Love the layers and masculine feel, and all those details that make it you! The monogram on the star is a great extra. Where did you track down Lucky 7 paper? You've done a great job with it! I'm so glad you are part of the IE trip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ann, I picked it up at Scrapfest at a kit club booth called Boys Rule. Thank you for your kind words!

      Delete
  7. I so love what you've done here...the layout is embellished without looking girly...it's really quite stunning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Laura, I love this idea! and your layout and little man are just adorable, love what you said about people thinking he was an "oops", I get that alot with Zachary because he's 8 years younger than his sister and 10 than his brother, but he wasn't an oops, he was planned and very much wanted, and we are so blessed as you are! I would love to play along, I will make my layout tonight and post on my blog tomorrow and leave you a link :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your page...your style is wonderful. and love the papers, especially that they are Canadian...need more of them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You rocked the masculine layout! Love your mix of fun embellies and clustering!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Spectacular :)

    Great photo of your 'little man'.

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW I love your style and especially the masculine papers!!! What an adorable little guy, too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Laura, here's my take on your my style challenge... :)
    http://www.laurielariviere.blogspot.com/2012/05/big-hug.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a stunning layout Laura! I love absolutely everything about it! I will have to play along with these challanges. What a wonderful idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I LOVE your layout Laura! It is such a great reflection of your style and talent! I am so happy to be on this creative journey with you :)
    Joann exo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!