Friday, May 25, 2012

Hello cupcake!

Hi there!

I have a couple of cards to share today.  Last night I did a big clean and reorganization of my scrappy stuff and I just couldn't walk away without creating a couple of cards.  I had two sketches on my desk so I played along with some challenges.

First up is a card using this sketch from Sketchbook Saturday.......


I combined it with The Paper Players challenge to keep it clean and simple and use polka dots.  So no inking or distressing and not a lot of fuss, and polka dots are super fun!  This is my take......

The papers are by Teresa Collins, the little '21' is October Afternoon.

Next I used this sketch from Card Patterns, and combined it with Pile it On's challenge to use 3 patterns and mix your scales (isn't this sketch perfect for that).


And this is my take, using some more Teresa Collins goodies...


I can't wait to play some more with my newly organized stuff, i have a very busy day but a friend is coming over to scarp tonight!

Thanks for visiting!
Laura
xoxo

10 comments:

  1. Both cards rock! I am definitely in the mood for a cupcake now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable cards! Love them both and what a great way to show the versatility of that cupcake paper! Thank you for joining us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your on a card making roll!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great cards...I hope you'll link up again this week at 52 Card Pickup!

    http://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/05/52-card-pickup-week-21.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous cards! Thanks for joining us at Card Patterns this week! : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww, these are both totally sweet! Love these bright, cheery papers!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh...cupcakes with sprinkles! What a fun use of the polka dotted theme for The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely cards! Love the DSP's you've used on your 21st card - thanks for joining us at the Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your party card. The colors and patterns are great together. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous card!
    Thanks for playing with us at Pile It On! Sorry I'm so late in commenting, I've been having awful problems with blogger this week!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!