Monday, May 21, 2012

Welcome Sweet Baby Girl - Made Especailly for You

Hello all!

First off, let me just say if you are here for the Let's Get Sketchy Reveal, please scroll down to the next post.  Thanks.

Secondly, Elaine, spoiler alert - don't peek! lol

Now I want to share this week's challenge card that I created for Made Especially For You.  Ashley challenged us to create a card using 3 brads, and this is what I came up with......

 I knew that I wanted this card to be quite girly, (it's for my friend Elaine that is expecting a baby girl soon - in case you didn't put it all together!) so I used lots of pink and lace, but added in some distress ink to tone things down a little bit.  Ruffling the lace around the die cut scalloped circle was easy and a fun way to add extra impact to my focal point!  All my papers were from CTMH.
 These Maya Road wood embellies made the perfect little wheels for my little rustic baby buggy, but they were kind of stark since the original colour is black.  I tried painting them but the end result looked really messy, so I embossed them instead.  This worked out perfectly.
I don't always have the perfect sentiment stamp for every card, and in this case i will just printed one out on my computer.   I like that I can easily coordinate the font colour and I like to use 2 different fonts in my message, for a little extra added fun.

I am also going to entire this card in the Moxie Fab Lace challenge, because - well why not, it has lace on it!.


Now why don't you pop on over to Made Especially For You  to see what the rest of the design team has created.  and then try entering the challenge yourself!  This week's prize is sponsored by Scraptastical Kreations.


Thanks for visiting today, I really love it when you do!
Laura
xoxo




4 comments:

  1. Love this card Laura! Absolutely love it. The detail is just amazing. I love the colors too...so soft. perfect for a baby card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So so so darling! Just love the lace and all of the sweet details!
    Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A stunning comnbination of products for a special lady and her new babe. Love the lace and the clothespin. GENIUS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Laura your card is STUNNING. Very beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!