Thursday, May 24, 2012

The Roast

Hello there!

I came across this sketch at Frosted Designs and decided to give it a whirl, I love the placement of the photos and title... something about it just said 'scrap with me'!


And over at ScrapFit they are having a  misting challenge, which happens to be something that I have recently fallen in love with!

So I combined the two challenges with a couple of photos that I have been wanting to scarp, and this is what I came up with.....

 Our campfires seem to be happening quite late as the little man loves to play manhunt with his peeps first.  He was so tired he barely made it through the roast before falling asleep in his lawn chair!

The sketch worked perfectly even though i only had two photos, the sizes of the photos seemed to fill the space just fine.


 I love using cork on my projects, and it runs through the Cuttlebug fabulously!
 I wrapped this chipboard heart in wood grained washi tape, love it and it fits the theme!
I used red, green and white mists on my layout, so much fun!  It;s a little hard to tell in these photos but the base paper is a very light kraft paper.

I am also entering this in the 'Use your chipboard" challenge  at The paper girls.

Thanks for visiting!
Laura
xoxo

10 comments:

  1. Fantastic misting and I just love that washi tape heart ... what a great idea! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your details Laura! This is just fabulous work. The misting, the washi tape...just brilliant! I love seeing friends visit our blog, so Thanks so much for joining us at Frosted Designs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh My Goodness...LOVE this beautiful layout. The little details are just so gorgeous. Thank you for playing along with Frosted Design Sketch Layout Challenge. Tenny :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great layout. LOVE that woodgrain washi heart...adds the right touch :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, such a fun page. What a great idea to wrap the heart in washi tape, and how the mist is in two colors with one misted and the other with larger droplets!! Thanks for working out with us at ScrapFIT! ~ Blessings

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Washi Tape! Nice additon and layout! Thanks so much for joining us over at Frosted Designs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a cute layout and pictures! Thank you for joining us at Frosted Designs, Channa

    ReplyDelete
  8. How fun that you used washi tape on your chipboard! Thanks for participating in our challenge at the Paper Girls Challenge blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great use of the washi tape! Thanks for playing with us at the Paper Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the washi tape on the heart and the cork. Thanks for playing with us at The Paper Girls!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!