Thursday, May 03, 2012

Way To Go!

Hi there!

I am popping in today with another quick post to share.  I have had this card sketch .....

 from Frosted Designs on my craft table all week, and kept meaning to get to it, but life just kept getting in the way.  I also wanted to play along with this colour challenge....

 from ScrapMuch?.

So after dinner tonight while my little guy was playing with friends I pulled together a card.  I knew this colour combo would make a cool boys card, and I had this little rocker already coloured so it worked out perfectly!


I pulled together some papers from Lucky 7, that are nice and masculine and encompassed the red and peacock colours quite well.  To pull in the concrete colour I added grey paint using a brick pattern mask.  The black was easy enough as it is the underlying colour in the patterned papers so I simply added a punched band of black according to the sketch.


I stamped and embossed the sentiment in white so it would stand out on this dark paper.


I also added grey paint onto the band of black.

I die cut this little image to fit in better with the card sketch.

Thanks for visiting!
Laura
zxoxo

5 comments:

  1. Very cool! I really like the brick effect ... and of course that musician is super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is very artistic. I love it. And your image is adorable too!
    Thanks so much for playing with us at Frosted Designs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great boy card! Love the effect of the paint. So glad you joined us at Frosted Designs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is awesome! Love the wall behind the boy, thank you for joining our challenge at Frosted Designs, hugs, martina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the stamp and the textured background too! Well done!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!