Sunday, May 20, 2012

When all else fails take a bubble bath - Card

hi there!

It is late Saturday night (Sunday morning) we have had a busy, beautiful day playing in the lovely sunshine-y weather!  I had several things on my do list, crafty speaking, but I kept putting things on the back-burner to go and play with my little guy!

I did manage to make a card though!  I was playing along with this sketch from Mojo Monday....
And this colour challenge from Market Street Stamps....


And the 'make your own patterned paper' from Little Red Wagon.

So, I started out by choosing an older Dear Lizzy paper pack that seemed to mesh with this colour challenge.  then set about creating a piece of pattern paper.  I used my Market Street Stamp wood-grained background stamp to stamp a 4" x 5.25" piece of white cardstock with Versamark.



Then I sprinkled the area with 3 different colours of Zing embossing powder, for this effect....

 I have been wanting to try this technique of using several colours of embossing powders at one time for a while now.  It is not quite perfect, but in an effort of saving time (I only seem to be squeezing in a few minutes at a time) I forged ahead.

This is what I came up with!  This little Pure Innocence digi image was super fun to colour.  Adding some iridescent bling to the air-born bubbles seemed like the perfect touch!
The little flowers were made with a MFT die.
I added glitter to these bubbles.

Copics used.

 Thank you for popping in, hope you are having a great weekend!
Laura
xoxo


4 comments:

  1. Thanks for playing with us this week at LRW and creating your own patterned paper!! Love the effect of 3 colours of embossing powder!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the stamps! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How unique ... and such a great idea with the background ... just love it! This is such a cute card ... so creative! You always inspire me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love what you did with that Woodgrain background! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!