Monday, June 04, 2012

Nature Boy - Let's Get Sketchy - My MInd's Eye

Hi there!

This is my second post of the day, if you are looking for my Made Especially for You post, please scroll down.

Monday's bring great new sketches over at Let's Get Sketchy!  And as this is a brand new month you have a fresh start at your chance to win a prize.  all you have to do for your chance to win is play along with at least 2 of this month's sketches!

Here is the first sketch for this month....
And this is my take on it......
 I took these pictures of my little guy a few years back, but I didn't even seem to have the right papers or embellishments to scrap them... this sketch really got me in to mood to finally stick them to paper.  Papers are MME.
This little twig is from CTMH and the star I hand cut form a pair of old jeans.
The wooden disk / button is also from CTMH with a older MME rub on to create the monogram.
  More MME rub ons on a hand made woodgrain tag and a little Maya Road bird.
I love adding cork to my layouts it gives such nice texture.  I also messy stitched around the layout.  Chipboard alphas complete the title and some hemp always helps set the mood for a rustic layout.

Hop on over to Let's Get Sketchy to see what the rest of the Design Team has come up with, and while you are at it why don't you play along for your chance at a great prize!

Thanks for visiting!
Laura
xoxo

5 comments:

  1. the pop of red is great. Love the layers of cute accents.. beautiful fun page

    ReplyDelete
  2. great take on the sketch Laura, love the colors and your photos are too cute! I think this sketch and the banners on it will draw alot of people to play along this week :) the weeks are flying by aren't they ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laura, this is such an awesome layout. The pictures and scene are just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great LO Laura and as always...fab details :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You seriously do some beautiful layouts!!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!