Thursday, June 14, 2012

Teacher Card

Hi there!

I have had a crazy busy week, lots and lots of yard work trying to bringing our almost dead, weed infested, over grown yard back to life.  And in all honesty it will take us a couple of years to bring make it beautiful again.

Last year we did so much work on the inside of the house, gutting and rebuilding every room and finishing the basement with a bedroom and bath.  We worked on it for 3 months prior to moving in and for months afterward too.  I cannot say it is complete, but it's almost there.  However, with all of this lovely weather we are having we have turned our attention outdoors to the yards that have seen better days.

We have built a large planter bed, pulled weeds too many to count, bought lots of new plants, pruned all of the lovely large trees and removed a few little ones (don't even ask me about my run in with one of those), moved several yards of soil and mulch (and though I dread it, we will be ordering more mulch), and installed a dog run to try to give all of the newly sprinkled grass seed a fighting chance. Tonight we will be cleaning and sealing the deck in hopes of making it last a few more years, everyday when my hubby gets home from work I have a new project for him to help me with!  I am half expecting him to drive right past one night! hehehe

I would still like a shed and some patio furniture, as well as a few plants for the back yard.  But, money doesn't grow on trees as they say, so I will have to wait those two things out for now.

Anyway, the actual point of this post was to share a card I made last weekend using a sweet digi from Whimsie Doodles.  It has taken me all week to take a picture of it to share with you all, because of all of the reasons I mentioned above :)

I used this sketch from Card Patterns....


This is my card.....



 I am thinking of using this card for the end of the year teacher card.

Thanks for visiting!
Laura
xoxo

4 comments:

  1. What great layers and colours and that colouring is gorgeous. She could skip off that card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so cute and what sweet colors!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute card! Love the colors you used. So glad you could join us on Card Patterns this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet fairy! So beautiful ... I love the colour theme too!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!