Monday, July 02, 2012

Favourite Family Traditions - Let's Get Sketchy - Jillibean Soup,

Hi there!

This week at Let's Get Sketchy, we are playing with this sketch.....

  ... which just so happens to be one that I created!

This is what I created with the sketch.....
 While deciding what pictures to scrap, I came across these Christmas photos that I hadn't yet scrapped.... so why not a little Christmas in July?

I used some Jillibean Soup Christmas papers that I had leftover, the little tree paper is just perfect for these photos of our Christmas tree hunt.  I used some kraft paper to make a die cut to tone down the pink/girlishness of these papers.
 The little metal charm is Tim Holtz and just perfect for this layout.
 I added a patterned paper Christmas tree along the right edge of my page and adorned  it with a Petaloo Poinsettia and a MME brad.
Love all the little die cuts etc. that go along with Jilibean soup's collection... They are perfect for creating little embellie clusters.

Now it's your turn, pop on over to Let's Get Sketchy to see what the rest of the designed team has created and once you have your fill of inspiration - create a layout to play along.  Remember, by creating just two layouts each month you get your name entered into a draw to win the prize of the  month!

Thakns for visiting!
Laura
xoxo

4 comments:

  1. Laura, your layouts are amazing. I love the collection. I feel the holiday season in this layout. Great job!! You make me want to scrabook!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! So festive and fun ... all the details are just perfect .... love that hand stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christmas in July....perfect! I love the stitching. I really draws your eyes to the photos. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What Christmas...ahhhh! Awesome layout talk about Christmas joy :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!