Monday, July 23, 2012

First Bath - Let's Get Sketchy - My MInd's Eye

Hi there!

Happy Monday to You!  Let's Get Sketchy  has a new sketch up on the blog today!  This is my take on it....

In September of 2010 we got a new puppy, shortly after her arrival she had her first bath and our little guy couldn't help but get in on the action!

I will take any opportunity I can get to do a sweet and pretty layout, even if it has to be about the dog's  bath! lol  I used My Mind's Eye's 'Follow Your Heart" collection for this layout.  it is pretty without being too girly.
This sweet chipboard banner from this collection is adorned with a twine bow.

I adore this Maya Road burlap flower.  I really need to make a home decor item with them so i can admire it all the time!  I punched some leaves and added a chipboard polka dot hexagont o the flower to doll it up a bit.

I mixed some Thickers fonts to create my simple title.  The little wooden butterfly is from CTMH.

Here is the sketch that inspired this week's layout....

created by LGS founder Brenshevia
 Now it's your turn, pop on over to Let's Get Sketchy to see what the rest of the designed team has created and once you have your fill of inspiration - create a layout to play along.  Remember, by creating just two layouts each month you get your name entered into a draw to win the prize of the  month!

Thanks for visiting!
Laura
xoxo

7 comments:

  1. Laura your papers are perfect for this layout! So cute! I love seeing your sketches!

    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this layout!!! SO simple, elegant and perfect all at the same time! : )

    Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore the burlap on this and both your babies are so cute! Great sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wonderful LO! love the misted doily and that burlap flower!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!