Monday, July 16, 2012

Queen of the Ship - Let's Get Sketchy - American Crafts,

Hi there!

Happy Monday to You!  Let's Get Sketchy  has a new sketch up on the blog today!  This is my take on it....

 If you look below you will see the sketch suggests circles however, I was at my trailer when I created this and did not have my Cricut, so I improvised and used some Spellbinder dies that I had with me.  I also sprinkled a bit of blue Mr. Huey's mist around the page to emphasize the water theme.
 Our pup loves the boats so this little die cut heart was a must.
 Loving wood accents at the moment so this little butterfly found it's way onto my page.
 Chipboard Thickers for the title.
And some little hand cut flags because they are fun and remind me of boating.

Here is the sketch that inspired this week's layout....
created by fellow DT member Tabitha

Now it's your turn, pop on over to Let's Get Sketchy to see what the rest of the designed team has created and once you have your fill of inspiration - create a layout to play along.  Remember, by creating just two layouts each month you get your name entered into a draw to win the prize of the  month!

Thanks for visiting!
Laura
xoxo

4 comments:

  1. I love your layout Laura, those pretty colors against the kraft really stand out and I like how you added the little flags, they are a cute accent :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesomely cute. Love all the details. Even though I'm not a scrapbooker (yet), I love stopping by to see what you've created.

    Your DT Sister Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your squares ... what a unique take on the sketch! Fun story too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooohhh LOVE... Every time I see a LO from you I think "I need to make a layout"!!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!