Friday, July 27, 2012

Smooch Mist Tutorial - Boy's Rule

Hello again!

This is my second post today, I am sharing a tutorial over on the Boy's Rule blog today and I wanted to share it here too.

This month's kit from Boy's Rule came with Smooch's mist in it, in great red and yellow colours..  And while I have played with a couple of brands of mist, I have never used this particular brand.  That got me to thinking... maybe you haven't either... so I thought I would share a bit of a how to with you.

Some mists have glitter in them, some are more matte with no shine and this particular brand seems more metallic to me.  Which is fab for those of us that scrapbook boys a lot,  some masculine layouts don't really pull off the glittery look well.

 First, I will show the different looks you can achieve simply by holding your mist bottle closer to your paper or a little farther away.  At only a couple inches away from your paper the mist concentrates it's spray saturating the area.
 By pulling the mist away from the page a few more inches you achieve a more spattered look.  This holds true if you pull the mist even farther away, you will get more sparse spatter.  Though this can be a little messy, so you may want to do what I do and keep a cardboard box on hand to use as a spray booth.
I also like to use a paint brush with my mists.  Using a flicking technique gives me a little more control over where the mist actually lands on my page.  And if I am very careful I can add mist to a completed page using this technique.  Good to know when you forget to mist first!

 This flicking technique give you larger spatter spots and you can control how much spatter you end up with a little better.
 
 Smooch mists cover chipboard really well too.  Even the brown style of chipboard, which can be hard to cover.
  
 If your chipboard has a shiny surface, you will want to give it a light sand with and emery board to remove the sheen and allow the mist to soak in and dry.

 What else can you mist?  How about paper flowers, to give then a custom colour?

 You can add a little.
 Or a lot.
Smooch mist gives  a nice even coat of colour for a beautiful finished product.

I hope you enjoyed today's tutorial and give some mists a try!  If you have any questions leave me a comment and  I will be happy to help out any way I can.

Thanks for visiting!
Laura
xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing this ... I always forget that I can use mist to colour my chipboard!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!