Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Swim On - Boy' Rule - Fancy Pants

Hi there!

I am sharing another post over on the Boy's Rule blog today.   I decided to create this little altered item with the July Kit.



I was inspired to create this because we have been spending a lot of time at our trailer this summer playing in the lake and doing other outdoorsy sorts of things.  Since this is only our second season owning a trailer, we are still trying to personalize it.  This month's kit reminds me of all the fun we have at the trailer and the colours coordinate perfectly with the quilt in Timmy's room at the trailer, so I thought why not create a little something for the wall in his room.

I did a little spin-off on the 'Keep Calm and Carry On" phrase, trying to make it work for summertime fun.  I used the Fancy Pants plaid doily to create a little umbrella / awning type of thing at the top of the frame.

 Love these little canvas tags!
 These alphas and chipboard embellies are so sweet.

All in all, July's Kit is amazing,  actually I have heard they all are, but as this is my first one I can truly attest to it.  If you do not already subscribe to their kits you really should.  There is a great mixture of products put together from a few different scrappy manufacturers, as well as a few fun little extras too!


Thanks for visiting!
Laura
xoxo

2 comments:

  1. That canvas tag is awesome ... me want some :) Cool wall art too, LOVE IT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a fabulous idea ... I love the chipboard accents and the various textures ... great way to personalize the trailer!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!