Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Tutorial Wednesday - Easel Card

Hello there!

I have a tutorial up on the ScrapMuch? blog today and you know I always love to share them here too!

Today we will be making an easel card.  Just a fun fold technique to jazz up your next card a little bit!  I shared this card front with you on MOnday, today you will see how to create it.

Start with a 4 x 8 inch piece of card stock and score at the centre point (4 inch) and then at the 6 inch mark.  Of course, you can create whatever size of card that suits your needs, just score the card in half and score one half in half again.

The 4 inch piece is the interior of your card, go ahead and add patterned paper as you wish.  You will see I kept my design fairly simple, using a subtle pattern ad the base so that I can write on it when I give it away.

You will need something with a bit of dimension to act as a 'holder' on the interior base of your card.  I have chosen to add a sentiment to a little die cut and pop it up using pop dots for mine. This will hold your card in the open position for display.

You get a better idea of what I mean here, I also added a couple of layered die cut flowers to mine just for fun!

You get a better idea of how your card will sit in this photograph.

Now we are going to address the front.  I am using another patterned paper to decorate the front of my card.

Just be sure to also crease / score this patterned paper so that your card sits properly.

Now you can add whatever image you desire to the front of your card.  Or even a die cut.

And don't forget to glam it up... more flowers and some bling are what I went with for my card.

Here is a side view for you.

A little close up.

And another.

And here is a full picture of my card.  It will sit flat in an envelope by unfolding the top / front of the card.
Thanks for visiting!
Laura
xoxo

3 comments:

  1. Laura, this is just gorgeous! love all the details and the fairy, anyone would love to receive this card, very very nice!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tutorial! I love this card btw ... the details to the layered flowers are just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeously creative. Loving the colours and design and thanks for the lovely tutorial. Hugs Desíre Doing Life Digistamps4Joy DT Member Tammys Scrapin Corner DT Member

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!