Saturday, August 11, 2012

My 4 Men - Boys Rule - Basic Grey

Hi all!

I have a layout up on the Boy's Rule blog today using the August kit.  This month's kit is fabulous!  Here are a few sneak peeks......


The kit is based around a Basic Grey paper pack called 'Clippings'.  It is a wonderful collection and Laura-Lee has paired it with some fabulous embellishments.  I had so much fun with this kit, I didn't stop creating with it until I completed 5 layouts and a card!  Honestly, I could do more with the leftovers but ... you know kids, quality time.... blah, blah, blah!  LOL  Just kidding folks.... I love to go play with them, it gives me more opportunities to take photos!  To scrap more!

Today I am sharing the following layout.....

 You will notice the kit contains some chipboard hexagons, I wanted to use them 2 ways this month.  First off, for this layout, I traced the larger hexagon onto scrap cardstock and cut out about 6 of them.  Then I used the pieces as a mask to mist the base of this layout.  (You will see the second way I used these pieces later on this month.)

 There were 3 great neutral colours of baker's twine in the kit.... I love baker's twine!  I used some of the black to stitch underlines for my title.
 One of my favourite parts of the kit is a very long piece of film strip.  I cut some of it into banners - because I love banners, too!
 More fun stuff - coat check tickets!
These camera die cuts are awesome!

Can you tell I love this kit!  Boy's Rule kits, are the best, they have really cool elements and everything is hand picked to coordinate and inspire.  So perfect for when you feel like being creative... just grab the kit and you are all set!

Thanks for visiting today!

Laura
xoxo

4 comments:

  1. Love this layout and all the elements you used on it! AWESOME!!
    (:(:SMiles:):)

    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this layout Laura. I love how you used the hexagons to over spray your paper. I am having trouble with the spray mists. Need to watch more YouTube samples on using it. But your layout is fab.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh so cool!!! Loving all the layers. Love the new blog look too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Love this ... the camera rocks and all of the details just drew me in!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!