Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Bringing Home Mollie - Inspiration Elevator - Basic Grey,

Hello all!

I am back with my monthly post for Inspiration Elevator!  You may recall from last month's challenge that the purpose of this challenge group was to take our scrapbooking to the next level, to stretch our creative process and to grow as artists by embracing challenges that make us think, work and grow. 


This month our challenger was the very talented Lisa Moen.  Lisa, like most of us, doesn't always take the "perfect" photos. In fact, sometimes, the imperfect is all you have to tell your story. This month Lisa challenged us to use those imperfect photos to tell an story. Here's what she had to say about her challenge:

"I was digging through some old 1980's photos the other day and realized how bad some of the pictures were. Cameras have come a LONG way since then!

I have lots of pictures I haven't scrapped because they were/are poor quality pictures and I am sure you have pictures like that too. So let's dig out those blurry, bad pictures and tell the story behind them!  So my challenge to you this month is to use a bad photo and journal about it."

Well I didn't have to search too hard to find some blurry photos. with a busy little boy and a dog, most of the photos I take of the two of them playing are blurry!  However, I really wanted to use the photos of when we brought our puppy home.  The photos were super blurry and thus I hadn't scrapped that event at all.  But it was an important day in my little guy's life, so this challenge seemed like the perfect opportunity to get these photos scrapped.

I knew I wanted to use several photos and do a double page layout, as we took so many photos that day.  I started out by printing my pictures in a 2 x 3 inch size.  This somewhat helps disguise the fact that they are blurry, and allowed me to use 10 photos on my layout!

 I used Basic Grey's PB&J line (love it) with a few misc. embellies.  I love how it turned out, blurry photos and all!  With the bright colours and the grid layout of the photos, not to mention the large pennants really it just all seemed to come together.
 


 Wooden flowers are CTMH, chipboard buttons are Basic Grey, wooden birds and kraft envie are Maya Road.

 I hope you will stop by and see what the designers on this adventure have created:



I invite you to play along with any of our challenges and add your comment below with a link,  I will definitely stop by your blog and leave you some love!

Thanks for visiting!
Laura
xoxo

12 comments:

  1. Love how you resized the photos to make them less blurry and added lots of them! Love your big banners to draw you into the photos. Fantabulous 2 pager!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous double!! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have placed so many beautiful details on this gorgeous double layout, Laura! I love the pp roof on the chipboard house, and that sparkly bauble on the wooden flower. Fantastic work and special treasure of that day that changed your family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all the details of this layout, the amazing little chipboard house with the pp roof...so cool and such a fantastic idea. Everything is just amazing...love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh this is so so so awesome! You make me want to go do a double pager right now! I love your design and the pb & j line is a perfect match for these photos!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great double LAura! I love those pennant shapes and the colour combo! YOur little touches really tie it all up in a gorgeous package.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how this turned out! I hope you're entering it into Basic Grey's 10 photo challenge this month!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. amazing double with so many photos that your right don't look so blurry when smaller... great story and needed telling on this fab and cutely detailed layout

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Wow! Another double page for you :)! I really like the pennants and how many photos you used. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! And I thought it was hard using ONE blurry photo! Love this all...

    ReplyDelete
  11. So many gorgeous details .... I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome design Laura! I love the pennant strips and all of your details - fabulous!
    Joanne xo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!