Monday, August 20, 2012

Content - Let's Get Sketchy

Hello all!


If you are here for my Made Especially for You post, please scroll down.
It is the start of a brand new week, and that means there is a new sketch to play with over at Let's Get Sketchy !

This is the layout I created based on the fabulous sketch for the week....

 I had to finagle with my layout a little bit as the photo that I wanted to scrap sat the opposite way as the suggestion in the sketch.  But I am happy with the end result and that is the point, right?
 I incorporated random items from my stash like buttons, tags from Staples, Basic Grey stickers, twine, wooden elements .... trying to give this layout a masculine and rustic feel.
 The wood gran paper is from Jillibean ant the other papers are MME.
 I used circles instead of the strips suggested in the layout sketch as I thought they balanced things out a little better for my layout.

This week's sketch ws designed by fellow DT member Bev Code......


Now it's your turn, pop on over to  Let's Get Sketchy to see what the rest of the design team has created and once you have your fill of inspiration - create a layout to play along.  Remember, by creating just two layouts each month you get your name entered into a draw to win the prize of the  month!

Thanks for visiting!
Laura
xoxo

5 comments:

  1. Isn't it great when we can dig in our stash and use up some goodies? I love what you did with the sketch. It definitely has that masculine feel to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you did the circle outlines instead of the strips ... what a fun take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this layout Laura, very nautical and fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this simple & serene layout Laura!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!