Tuesday, August 14, 2012

25 - Entering the world of Digital Scrapping

Hello all!


After being asked by many people recently, if I do digital scrapbooking, i thought I would take the plunge and see what it is all about.  Being a fairly new Photoshop user (and seriously lacking in those skills), I thought I would start out by creating a header for my blog.  I downloaded a couple of freebie digital kits, and set about teaching myself a couple of things.

I was happy with the way my blog header turned out ....  learning a few things as I went along.


I think it is really cool that I can use one element to create custom colours for another element!  Makes coordinating things really easy.  I am also learning to create some shadow effects so that the elements look more 3D, more realistic.

Then I created this really simple layout.... just to say I did....


Using the same 'Sun Porch" freebie digital collection by Amy Teets.  I still have a lot to learn but it was fun!  I created the soft mint cardstock myself, by adding custom colour and texture to a plain white layer.

Then I went back to work on my blog, creating this little decorative post divider.

I like the simplicity of it.  The hardest part was figuring out how to get it to attach to every post.  There were many "how to's" online, finding the right one was a challenge, many hours later... I found it!

And then these cute little tabs for my sidebar.....

So fun!

I also created this little guy....


.....because I received two emails accepting layouts for publication in the fall issue of Scrapstreet magazine!  woo hoo!

All in all,  I have to say, yes I will be creating more digital pages.  But my heart is in cutting and pasting!  Though I do love the idea of being able to do blog makeovers,  that is something you will definitely be seeing more of!

Thanks for visiting!
Laura
xoxo

 


5 comments:

  1. Double congrats Laura! Congrats on the publication and congrats on your successful work with digital scrapbooking. Another great layout!

    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura, your blog looks fantastic, congrats on the publication and your new look, I have not tried digital scrapping yet, I am soooo not good with the computer, I couldn't even resize a free blog header for my blog, had to have someone else do it...lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. your new blog looks great Laura, congrats on the new digital scrapping and your publication, I am soooo bad with a computer, so I am so impressed with what you have done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous - love the new blog header - fancy doing one for me LOL. You did a fantastic job. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your new set up --- so fun and fancy!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!