Friday, August 31, 2012

Hang in There - Whimsie Doodles and a Hop

Hi there!

I have some exciting and fun news to share!  I am now a very proud member of the Whimsie Doodles Design Team!!!!


I am super thrilled, they have the cutest little digis.  I have loved them since discovering them a few months back.  When I saw the DT call, I gathered up the courage to apply.  You can imagine how thrilled I was to get an email inviting me to be a part of this team!  (A huge thank you to Melyssa for giving me this opportunity.)

I created a card using one of the Whimsie Doodles digis, so that I would have something to share with you today.  I was thinking of my sister as I chose this digi.

 I went for a fun and funky colour combo on my toadstools, inspired by this Authentique paper.
I know it is hard to tell in this picture but the little bear has been given a mottled coat so that it looks a little more like fur. 

Here are the Copic colours that I used.  I also used my Uniball white pen and my Gelly Roller glitter pen.  The car is pretty basic as I was away at my trailer when I created it and didn't have access to all of my scrappy stuff, but I did find some inspiration in this CPS sketch, it was perfect for my limited supplies!

My first official post for Whimsie Doodles will go live on September the 4th, so be sure to check back to see what I have been creating.  There will be lots of fun things happening on the Whimsie Doodles blog too, so you will have to stay tuned there for challenges and new releases!

In honour of the new Design Team we are having a blog hop, why don't you hop around the see what the rest of the DT has been up and then visit the Whimsie Doodles blog.  Your next stop is Shannon White's blog.

Here is the list of all the DT in case you get lost along your way.

Laura Whitaker - You Are Here!

Thanks for visiting this happy gal!
Laura
xoxo

33 comments:

  1. Congratulations Laura! I love Whimsies too! Your card is super sweet and your colouring is awesome. I look forward to seeing more of your creations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww! This is too SWEET Laura! Love this little Cutie! And love the pretty color combo too! Just so thrilled to be on the team with you! Yay! 8-)

    Hugs & Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card, the colors you used are great!
    Bye, Jolanda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay, so pleased to be on the same team as you Laura! What a fab card, love the colourway!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on making the DT! I love this image you used...it is soooo cute!
    Thanks for sharing!
    Sue O

    ReplyDelete
  6. As always your card is just fabulous. Your colours are bright and your little mushroom cutie is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love WD images, congratulations! Great idea to mottle the bear for fur.
    {Hugs} Barb

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super fun card. Be sure to enter your card on the following challenge. Check out Carri's blog for more details.... (bow and butterfly challenge) doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

    Catarina aka docerela

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is a great card! Congrats on getting the DT spot! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats. I have not used the Copic markers, although I have 3. I do not know how to use them.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on making the design team. Your project is wonderful!!!!
    Mel

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a sweet card, and such fun colors you chose! Congratulations on your new DT position! hugs, Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  13. So sweet card! Love to see you in Whimsie Doodles DT!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats on the new DT!! Adorable card!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just hoping along....This is such a cute image!I think your fun and funky colour combo totally works :0) Congrats on making the DT!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very nice coloring! Cute card and colors!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Completely adorable!! Congrats on the team!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations on making the DT! I like the funky colors you chose for the mushroom! Knowing me, I would've felt like I had to stick with red and beige, but I really like that you did something different.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congrations Laura!!! Your card is adorable :D

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a wonderful card! Congrats to the new team, can’t wait to see what’s in store!
    Jenn Zeeb

    ReplyDelete
  21. So happy to be on the team with you! LOVE your colors on the mushroom - how fun this is!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is fabulous! Great colors- super fun! Thanks for linking up your project to 3 Girl JAM's new Challenge Blog and Congrats on your new DT spot!

    Julie
    http://3girljam.blogspot.com/
    http://3girljamchallenge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  23. Loving the color combo on your card! Congrats on making the team.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Such a sweet card! Love the layers and the fun image! Thanks for joining us at 3 Girl Jam!
    DT Member Carri ~abusybee
    www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Congratulations on making the team, Laura! I just discovered this site a few days ago and love their whimsical designs! Can't wait to see what you create! :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. So cute! Love all the fun colors! Thanks for joining us at 3GJ!

    Many blessings,
    Zeni
    www.scrappyzeni.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. CONGRATS! Such a cute card too!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Gorgeous coloring on this super sweet image. Fabulous job!
    Thanks for participating in the 3 Girl JAM Challenge with us!
    :O)
    Jessica S
    3GJ DT

    ReplyDelete
  29. congrats Laura! Looking forward to being on the team together. Sorry it took me so long to hop over here. Your card is precious!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. WOW love the digi and your coloring is awesome! Fantastic card! Thanks for playing along at 3GJ!!

    Precious Hugs
    OmaGloria
    3 Girl JAM DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  31. Beautiful...thanks for joining 3 Girl JAM!

    ReplyDelete
  32. What a beautiful card! Great image and coloring!!
    Thanks for joining in our butterfly and bows challenge over at 3 Girl Jam!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!