Thursday, August 09, 2012

Rest, relax and recover - Card

Hello there,

I wanted to share a little card that I made for my sister.  Today she will be having surgery.   I love her and I am worried about her.  She will have a long and painful recovery.  I am wishing for strength and a speedy recovery, for her.  I wish there was more that I can do for her.  We are looking after her son, my sweet nephew for a while so that she can focus on herself.

We have brought Timmy and my nephew, Jake, to our trailer so that they can stay busy and not worry and my sister can rest.

We got her some pretty new jammies so that she can be comfy, a smelly candle to calm her.... it's not enough.  But other than being a good sister, there is nothing else to do right now.  Tonight at campfire, I will find the brightest star and wish very hard that this surgery will bring her a full recovery.  I do not have a lot of family and I need everyone of them.

Anyway, I am digressing, this is the card....

 I found this cute colouring page online and printed it out to colour with my Copics.
 The sentiment was printed from my computer, the inside reads 'Take it one day at a time.  You are not alone."
These are the colours that I used.

If you happen to see a star tonight, please make a little wish for my sister.  I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks for visiting!
Laura
xoxo

4 comments:

  1. Best wishes to your sister Laura.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet card - great colouring and shading, Laura. I hope her surgery goes well and her recuperation is speedy! Hugs, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card Laura. I'm sending prayers to for your sister.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How sweet is this card... My thoughts are with you and your sis.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!