Tuesday, August 28, 2012

When in Cuba - Boys Rule - Basic Grey

Hi there!

It is my turn to share a project on the Boy's Rule blog today.  I created this layout of Timmy in Cuba, with this month's kit. It seems everyone in Cuba smokes cigars, even the occasional child.  Well this got Timmy to thinking that maybe he wanted to try it, unfortunately (well it was unfortunate according to him) his mom thinks otherwise... and only let him pose with an unlit cigar for this silly photo opp.


The kit is heavily laced with Basic Grey's 'Clipping's' collection, along with so many other fun embellies.  The chipboard hexagons came in many different sizes, some being solids and some not, I had a lot of fun with them over the month.  And as I mentioned in this post  you will see me use them differently here today.

 The solid hexagons got misted in two colours.
 The open hexagons were misted and then lined with a variety of patterned papers.
 To create my base page, I cut and pasted together pieces from many papers.  One of which had this great collage with the tab already on it.  I added a couple of more elements to it, for dimension.
 I used the BG sticker sheet and the Amy Tan alphas to create my title.
 Love this film strip!
Stickers, twine, journaling... oh, my!  I am loving how this page turned out!

Thanks for visiting!
Laura
xoxo

3 comments:

  1. I'm so digging this layout...love the embellishments as always. Fun picture...cute story!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE what you did with the hexagons here ... just so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too love how this page turned out! Lots of texture and those hexagons! Of course T is a sweetie pie!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!