Monday, September 10, 2012

Remote Caddy - Boy's Rule - Jillibean Soup

Hi all!

I have a project up on the Boy's Rule blog today using the wonderful September kit.  This month's kit is fabulous!  Here are a few sneak peeks......


 The kit is based around a Jillibean Soup paper pack called 'Macho Nacho'.  It is a really fun collection and Laura-Lee has paired it with some fabulous embellishments, like the really sweet day of the week badges by Evalicious.  I loved them and you will be seeing more cool embellies from this company in future Boy's Rule kits!  Also in the kit were a couple of really juicy chalk inks.  They had a fabulous intensity of colour and great coverage!

I had so much fun with this kit, I didn't stop creating with it until I completed 3 layouts and 2 altered items, plus a tutorial!  So watch for all of those projects throughout this month.  I have a ton of leftovers too, which I am looking forward to playing with!

For now, I want to share this altered item, a remote caddy for my hubby.....

 I picked up this plain little wood caddy at my local dollar store a little while ago, not really sure what it would become.   When I saw this month's kit I just knew it would transform wonderfully into a remote caddy!
I covered the back and sides, quickly and easily by tracing around them, a little cutting and some glue and they were done.  I then added some decorative strips of paper and great twine (also from the kit).
I made this cute rosette and used the perfect sticker to adorn the centre.
The kit also contained these really cool 'sucker sticks'  which made perfect flags for my caddy.

You should really consider subscribing to this kit club.  all the guess work is done for you, you will get a great combination of products each month that you can use to create some wonderful projects.  I cannot believe how large the kits are and how much I can create with them!  And they are fun!

Why don't you pop by the  Boy's Rule blog, once in a while to see what the other DT members are creating!

Thanks for visiting!
Laura
xoxo

3 comments:

  1. I love this remote caddy! What a great idea! The rosette and flags are a perfect touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! So creative and fun ... the flags are such a great way to embellish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great job on this.. fun paper combo .. cute accents

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!