Monday, September 10, 2012

U Spin Me Right Round - Let's Get Sketchy - My MInd's Eye

Hello all!


If you are here for my Made Especially for You post, please scroll down.
It is the start of a brand new week, and that means there is a new sketch to play with over at Let's Get Sketchy !   Play along with two of this month's sketches for your chance to win!

This is the layout I created based on this week's fabulous sketch ....

I used some older MME papers as they have such fun colours to go with these photos of Timmy and my hubby on some fair rides.  The coordinating cog die cuts seem to work pretty perfectly too, though I did have to fussy cut a few more, from one of the pattern papers.
 I added some brads to the cogs for interest and dimension, this is a really easy trick .
 I used a die to make the little ticket stubs, but I couldn't find the coordination stamp so I just did a little doodling on them to amp them up.  ( found the stamps after I cleaned my scrap room)!
 I am a huge fan of my friend,Eileen's, multi-font titles though I can never seem to quite pull it off myself.  This is a little nod to  her, ever so slight!
 And here is this week's great sketch, created by fellow LGS DT member Jenessa.

Now it's your turn, pop on over to  Let's Get Sketchy to see what the rest of the design team has created and once you have your fill of inspiration - create a layout to play along.  Remember, by creating just two layouts each month you get your name entered into a draw to win the prize of the  month!

Thanks for visiting!
Laura
xoxo

7 comments:

  1. Love this layout Laura!! Gears are the perfect embellie and your title is super fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous! I love how you added the brads to the die cuts, really makes them stand out and add that little "bit of something" to your layout. Those little tickets wrapped in twine is my favorite detail on your layout..just too cute! Don't you just love when you can dig in your stash and have just the right paper? This is why we just can't throw anything away, lol. Have an awesome day Laura!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love hte cogs with brads - they came out perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laura, this page is sooo cute, love the gears and the colors that you've used :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you've used the gears for this ... plus that title is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great LO! Love the gears & ticket stubs =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely love this layout! It is so fun!! Love all of the bright colors!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!