Saturday, October 27, 2012

A little gfift

Hi there!

I am away this weekend with some great friends at a scrappy retreat!  Actually, I am spoiled rotten and will be attending 2 weekend retreats in a row!

I wanted to create a a little something for the girls that I am away with this weekend, so first I started out with these cards....

 

These cards are all basically the exact same design, coloured up in colours that remind me of each of the 3 friends that I will be giving them to.  This sweet crafty girl digi is perfect for these cards , she is a Whimsie Doodle digi and you can find her here.  I think she is a must-have digi for gift giving to scrappy friends.  I love the little Maya Road wood scissors, too.

Then I crocheted each friends one of these....

They are called Sashay Ruffled Scarves, they are fairly straight forward to make though I admit it took me a little while to crochet them up - this yarn is tricky to work with for me and my limited eye site.  But I  love the way they turned out.  It's hard to tell in this photo but the yarn has a little bit of sparkle in it.

Next up came some very simple wrapping ....


 .... just some brown paper bags, doilies, ribbon, flowers and bling - they came together in seconds each.  But I think they look cute.

I am excited to give these to the girls (actually by the time this posts I probably already have - I just didn't want to post it too early and spoil the surprise)!

I hope you all are having a great weekend!  Thanks for visiting!
Laura
xoxo




1 comment:

  1. As the recipient of one of these amazing cards and lovely lovely lovely scarves ... all I can say is THANK YOU!!!! Such a sweet treat ... and girl, you are soooo talented!!!! These are even lovelier in person!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!