Monday, October 15, 2012

I believe - Inspiration Elevator - My MInd's Eye,

Hi all!

This is my fourth post of the day so if you are here for my MEFY, LGS or Whimsie Doodles posts please keep scrolling down.


You may recall from last month's challenge that the purpose of this challenge group was to take our scrapbooking to the next level, to stretch our creative process and to grow as artists by embracing challenges that make us think, work and grow. We love to have new faces join us on our journey and this month we welcome a new guest designer to join us.  Please join me in welcoming Denise Morrison. Denise's blog is aptly name "Life is Yummy" and so is her art!

This month our challenger was the very talented Ann Jobes. Her challenge to us is as follows: 
This month's challenge is a journalling prompt. I realize some of us do not journal much on our pages, and if we're truthful, we mostly scrapbook for ourselves - it gives us joy, a creative outlet, etc. But we do hope that someone is going to page through these albums sometime in the future, right? For this month's challenge, I'd like you to think about some of those values or beliefs that are important to you.

There is no "right way" to do this. Spend some time thinking about this. It's your chance to share with future generations something that is important to you and makes you who you are. Take some time to collect some verses, quotes or sayings that speak to your soul. Choose one that you think is a "life verse" - something that really communicates the essence of you.

Use whatever photo(s) you think will suit your message. Enjoy putting a meaningful page together using your favourite techniques, style, papers - whatever makes it "you".

I know this is going to be difficult. I'm asking you to reverse your process and put the message first when we so often put our message/journalling last, as an afterthought, if at all.


 I knew immediately what I would journal.  Just days before seeing this challenge, I had written down 'journalled' this note to myself.  Something I often think about when life gets tough.  When I need to remind myself that despite life's happenings I am still 'in charge' of my journey.

The hardest part was finding a decent picture of me to add to my layout!


I picked up these beautiful MME papers the other week and as I planned out this project, I was really excited to pair then with it.
 Love these Studio Calico butterflies, and the pearls are from I don't know where - but I coloured them with my Copic BG11 to make them match!
These alphas are from CTMH and are also coloured with my Copic.  The challenge title made for a perfect layout title for me!
 I printed my jounralling onto vellum as I wanted it to blend into my layout, to be truly ingrained - not loud - but more quiet and integral.
 I used a Memory Box die to cut these little vellum pieces to anchor my button embellishments.
 Layering and pop dotting, love this.
A little Mr. Huey's to glam up a dollar store doily.


I used this wonderful sketch from Pagemaps as a source of inspiration.  As soon as I saw it, I knew I had to create with it.  And both projects luckily landed in my to do pile and the same time and seem to mesh perfectly!

 I hope you will stop by and see what the designers on this adventure have created:



 We would love to see what you are inspired to create. Add your comment below with a link, I will be sure to drop by and say hello.

Thanks for visiting!
Laura
xoxo

12 comments:

  1. Laura, your page is breathtaking! I love the diecuts, your colour palette, your photo of you and your story. Your detail shots are wonderful, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great take on the sketch! Gorgeous page Laura!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omgosh..this is breathtaking! Wow! What an amazing layout, gorgeous photo...I adore this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so lovely!! I love how you journaled on vellum to help integrate it in the layout...such a pretty take on the sketch, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You layout is just beautiful Laura! I love the colours, the design and most of all - your photo and journaling! Thanks for sharing :)
    Joanne xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing Laura and a great photo of you it's true. Your flowers and butterflies remind of renewal and the beauty of moving forward which your journalling speaks of so beautifully. Wonderful design.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very powerful, gave me goose bumps reading your journaling.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the softness of this Laura! Beautiful page!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So beautiful! Love the soft aqua/yellow/white palette with the wooden butterflies - and fab take on the sketch, too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. wonderful. love the peaceful mood of your LO!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is an INCREDIBLE layout. I love love love love love it. I am definitely going to lift this some time soon!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love those little delicate die cut pieces behind the buttons!! Such a gorgeous page and that photo of you is so pretty and pensive!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!