Tuesday, November 06, 2012

Fall Memories - Canadian Scrapbooker Sketch - Simple Stories

Hi there!

I played along with the Canadian Scrapbooker 'Double the Fun" sketch while I was at a a recent retreat.

Here is what I created......


I was able to use this fun Simple Stories Fall Harvest collection to scarp some photos I took recently of my youngest son during a trip to a local corn maze.  The colours are just fabulous for a sunny fall day.
 I enhanced this strip of patterned paper that runs down the left hand side of my layout by adding some hand stitching to the veins of the leaves .
 I remember swearing off stickers a few years back, but stickers have come so far, they are beautiful and elegant.  And layering them together along with other embellishments really kicks them up a notch.
 How about this faux Washi tape sticker!
 More layering.


 Some punched grass with more stitching.

 I added a couple of extra photos to my layout in the space that the sketch suggests journalling so I tucked in the journaling elsewhere.
 Combing banner stickers and alpha sticker to create a title.
And here is the sketch for you.....

Thanks for visiting!
Laura
xoxo

3 comments:

  1. Great job Laura! I love double-page layouts and the stitching is awesome too. I had a great weekend and can't wait for spring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just love all the details that you put in to this one ... love the stitching everywhere ... so awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!