Thursday, November 29, 2012

Faux MistingTutorial - Boys Rule - Prima



Hi there!

I have a tutorial up on the Boy's Rule blog today and I thought I'd share it here too.

A couple of month's ago we got one of these in our Boy's Rule kit....
.... which can be used in many different ways.  I love how deep and rich the colour is and the great coverage it gives.  But with my not so recent mist adoration, I was looking to use some brown mist on a project.  But the mist I had all had glitter in them and that was not going to work with my project.

 So I came across this paint in my stash, pulled out my trusty paint brush and set to work.
Now, you may be thinking aha!  Flicking!  Yup, I thought of that, too!  But this paint is too thick to get a good result with flicking.  So yes, you can mix a little water and some paint together in a dish and flick away.  Buuuuuut, you lose some of the richness of the colour, which is not a big deal if you are working with light coloured papers,  I wasn't.

So plan B....


 Dipping the bottom of my paint brush into the paint, and dabbing it onto the paper.  Working away from where you think your focal point will be, continue to dab without re-dipping your brush.  The paint splotches will get smaller and smaller, much like mist droplets as you spray away from yourself. 
 Now re-dip and start again near your focal paint and working out, filling in some of the spaces.
 Continue until you get the desired amount of paint onto your paper.

 And this is my end result, I love it, it seems just perfect for these great distressed Prima papers from the November kit!

 And best of all clean up is as easy as wiping the end of your brush onto a baby wipe.  I really love easy clean ups!

Thanks for visiting!
Laura
xoxo





2 comments:

  1. What a great idea! I love the finished look!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this ... will definitely try it out!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!