Sunday, November 18, 2012

xoxo - Creative Scrappers - Jillibean Soup

Hi there!

There is a new sketch up on the Creative Scrappers blog today, and it is my week to play along!   I love today's sketch  and had a lot of fun playing with it, though it did make me step outside of my usual scrappy comfort zone!   But that is part of the reason I love Creative Scrappers

Here is my layout.....
 Honestly, my husband thought I was nuts for scrapping these funny old pictures of my youngest kissing and hugging his gerbil.  But he is super supportive of my passion for scrapping so I will forgive him ;) .   I dug into some left over Macho Nacho by Jillibean Soup for this layout, the colours seemed to work perfectly.

The sketch suggests a banner but I wanted to use stars on my layout, so after misting them with 3 colours of Mr. Huey's, I incorporated them into my banner, then added some heart stickers and Glassy Accents.

 More Mr. Huey's flicked onto the page in specific spots, as well as some light blue Dew Drops.

 My title is pretty simple using some foam Thickers.

I decided to embellish a few of the strips of paper to add a bit of dimension to my layout as it was looking a little flat to me.  Some die cut shapes, stickers and pop dots did the trick.   I also hand stitched around only two side of my layout, anchoring the strips of paper.

And here is the sketch by  Nicole Nowosad....
The  Creative Scrappers Design Team is a super talented group of scrappres, why don't you pop over and see what the rest of Team A has created.... and stick around to play along, for your chance at winning this month's prize!

Thanks for visiting!
Laura
xoxo

7 comments:

  1. I love this Laura! What a gorgeous layout! The colours are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this layout Laura! The sketch is really awesome - I may have to give it a try :)
    Joanne xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. great layout! Love the sketch too, I love all the colors and stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  4. amazing layout Laura! and such a cute little boy :) i really like "star banner" :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how you used the sketch Laura!! The strips look great and I love how you embellished some of them!! The glass accents are really awesome and add some great texture to your page!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a fun sketch and love the fun paper choice to go with it!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!