Sunday, December 30, 2012

Girl's Nite - Creative Scrappers - Fancy Pants

Hi there!

There is a new sketch up on the Creative Scrappers blog today, and it is my week to play along!   I love today's sketch, created by Kristine Davidson - the founder of Creative Scrappers.  It is a fun take on the blog header!  This is what I created with it.....

This sketch and this collection seemed like a perfect pairing to create a girly layout of me and my friend, Sue, while we were out enjoying one of our girl's nights.  There is something about putting on your big girl shoes and dancing off the stresses of the month.  And even better when the hubbies are super supportive, and even drop us off and pick us up.

 I created lots of die cut layered flowers and added loads of hand stitching.
 I used my Mini 8 punch to create the red 'die cut' piece in the background.  I love this sticker that was part of the collection - perfect!
 Some red Thickers and red Mr. Huey's are just perfect and such a happy colour.
 Some fussy cut flowers from one of the patterns, affixed with brads.
 And a pretty die cut doily is sunny yellow.  I switched from my usual brown edge inking to turquoise to add to the fun factor.

Here is a look at the sketch.....

Why don't you pop over to Creative Scrappers and see what the rest of Team A has created.... and stick around to play along, for your chance at winning this month's prize!

Thanks for visiting!
Laura
xoxo

11 comments:

  1. this is so pretty Laura! I love your flowers :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun LO...LOVE the flowers, they're the perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that stitching and the colour combo is great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful layout! Looks like you both had a great time:) Have a Happy New Year!

    (:(:Smiles:):)

    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is just beautiful Laura ! Love this Fancy Pants collection :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Girls night sounds like so much fun!! I love your layout. The colors and details are just fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really gorgeous Laura!! Love the Fancy Pants line on this and the gorgeous flowers and stitching!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice Laura. You look great too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE this page Laura! I played along with this sketch as well!
    Joanne xo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!