Friday, December 07, 2012

My Elf - Boy's Rule - Glitz Design

Hi all!

There is a new sketch up on the Boy's Rule blog today, you should eally consider playing along!  Here is my take.....

 Now this collection / kit is not a Christmas kit but I couldn't resist making git festive!  The red, navy and gold colours were just perfect for this photo.
 Die cut stars and red mist (from July's kit) reinforce my theme.
 I love this phrase on this transparency - it is so mys on!
The red alpha sticker are included in this month's kit - the gold ones I had left over from last month's kit and the worked just perfectly!
 I love the wood grain and chevron papers, and that bold red is so wonderful!
To make this layout more festive I created this digital element in PSE using the colours of the kit as my inspiration - making it distressed looking just as the papers are.

I am giving it away as a freebie to you....
Just click on the image to enlarge it, then right click on it and save it to your computer.  You can cut and paste it into a word document for easy resizing prior to printing.  I suggest printing onto cardstock.  Next time I use it I am going to print it onto textured cardstock - I think it will look cool!

And last but not least, here is this week's fabulous sketch, created by fellow DT member Jenny Evans.....
You will notice that I changed the orientation on my photo and flipped the sketch from left to right, but otherwise I kept it pretty true.

Now, why don't you pop on over to the  Boy's Rule blog   to see what the rest of the team has created - and don't forget to play along!

Thanks for visiting!
Laura
xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Great colors on this Laura, and I really love the chevron border across the page!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the chevrons and the primary colour feel to this ... very cool for a Christmas layout!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!