Sunday, January 13, 2013

Epcot - Creative Scrapper s- Fancy Pants

Hi there!

There is a new sketch up on the Creative Scrappers blog today, and it is my week to play along!  It is a fun sketch and incorporates banners which are one of my favorite shapes, but I did have a little trouble with it and ended up doing a take 2.  And while both of the layouts that I created are fun and bright, the second take (the first one shown) is my favourite!

 This is my second take on the sketch, I decided to pull all of the elements in a little tighter, it just seems to fit my personal style a little better.

I used 'The Good Life' by Fancy Pants - as soon as I saw it I knew the colours would be perfect for some of our Disney photos.
 I seem to be dong a lot of Mr' Huey's spattering lately - it is quickly becoming a 'go to ' technique for me.
 I am especially proud of my title, not for it's originality, but because I created a cut file on my NEW Silhouette based on the logo for Epcot is Disney World - who knew I could ever do that!  I even impressed by son who is studying to be a graphic designer.
Love the chevron tags they are so vibrant and pretty - also cut with me Silhouette!

In case you are curious this is take 1 - the bonus is, I have 2 completed layouts for my Disney albums!

And here is the sketch....
 This week's sketch was created by Juliana Michaels

Why don't you pop over to Creative Scrappers and see what the rest of Team A has created.... and stick around to play along, for your chance at winning this month's prize!

Thanks for visiting!
Laura
xoxo

10 comments:

  1. Love both the layouts!! Your epcot title looks terrific. I'm still not that tech savvy to make a cut file. Not really sure where to start lol.
    Have a great day!!
    (:(:smiles:):)

    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're both awesome! Such fun takes on the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both of these are just awesome! What great Disney layouts! I am having so much fun working on mine. Thanks of sharing your cut files with me!! You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome reveal layout, Laura! Love your choice of patters and elements!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love them both! You did a great job with the sketch!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. great pages Laura! i love the white background (my favourite, hehe) I also like the color combo, red and yellow looks great with light acqua green :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your take on the sketch- I love this collection!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome use of the sketch, Laura!! Your Epcot title turned out fab!! I am going to have to learn how to use that feature!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable layout with adorable colors and design! Love all the empty space too with the paint splatter!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!