Saturday, January 05, 2013

Fun News and a Happy Jar

Hello!

I have some fun news to share, I have joined the Design Team over at Aud Sentiments,  I will share my first DT project here on the 17th, in the mean time, pop on over and check out their site if you are unfamiliar with them!

And just so I don't have a photo naked post, I thought I'd share my 'Happy Jar' with you.

 I used a vintage mason jar for our 'happy jar' - we love them and have several kicking around.  I decided to go for a fabric top with a slit in it for inserting the little happy notes, opposed to the actual lid of the jar - just trying to simplify things for my men to encourage contributions!  I sort of went for a shabby chic vintage-y look, the gold matches my house and the rest makes me smile!
Some sweet Bazzill flowers, and die cuts from Bazzill's Wayfarer line, and a little 'happy' cut from my new Silhouette!

A bit of lace and twine and a little stash of note papers.

And in case you haven't heard of the 'happy jar' idea, each time something good or happy happens to the family during the year you write a little note and date it, and then next New Year's you read all of the notes and remember all of the good times your family had.  I immediately loved this idea when I heard about it.  2012 was a tough year for this household, not that we didn't have happy times but it seemed sad often outweighed them.  So it is my hope by New Year's this jar will be full of lovely little reminders that life is good and special little everyday moments matter.

Thanks for visiting, friends!
Laura
xoxo




1 comment:

  1. This is super sweet ... I love all the details!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!