Monday, April 29, 2013

Printing on a Journal Card Tutorial - Boys Rule

Hi there!

I have a new tutorial up on the Boys Rule blog today and you know I always love to share them here, too!  I have been meaning to try this for quite some time now, and since I finally got around to it, I thought I would create a set of instructions to share.  I am thrilled that it is much easier than I anticipated, and only took a few minutes.

First off you need to  choose your journal tag, and if necessary cut it out.  You can see mine is from a piece of 12" x 12" paper, so I cut it down to just the 4" x 6" single tag.
 Next up, after determining your tag size, you will want to create a text box in your Word Program, the same size as your tag..
 Go ahead and type in your journalling, adjusting font style, type and colour as you wish.
 Now print out a sample print onto regular printer paper. This is what mine looks like.
 Using Washi tape (as it is easily removable) tape your journalling tag right over top of your sample print.  Place the paper back into your printer ensuring it is lined up to feed through the right direction, and print again.
 Ta da!  Cool, right?  I love it and can see myself using this technique over and over again!

Thanks for visiting!

 photo feb16signature4.png

3 comments:

  1. Brilliant project and tutorial Ginny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great way to do journaling! I get too lazy to pull out the printer and just use my own handwriting...but I love the look of this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tutorial ... love the use of washi!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!