Saturday, April 20, 2013

Scrappy bling and pretty little boxes - My Mind's Eye

Hi there!

 I am away this weekend at a scrappy retreat with 3 sweet friends of mine.  Yes, I do  know that I am a lucky girl!

I wanted to bring a little something for my girl friends.  I thought about it for weeks, and scoured the web for inspiration.  If you recall, in the fall I made and brought them these scarves that I made to a previous retreat.

I just couldn't decide what I wanted to make, in the end I came across this great little store on Etsy that creates custom jewellery with your photos inset into it.  I thought it would be fun to have them set a scrapbook layout created by each of my friends into a necklace.  When I contacted the shop owner she was very helpful and happy to create them for me.

They turned out great.... they almost look like real tiny little layouts as you can see some of the shadowing / depth in the photos.



 I couldn't resist... I picked one up for me too!
 When they arrived (right on schedule I might add), I set to work creating little gift boxes for them.   The Silhouette sure comes in handy for little projects like this!




 Oh I just love the way they turned out!  So sweet and so perfect, love that machine!

Thanks for visiting! You know that I love it when you do!

 photo feb16signature4.png

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful idea and a great use of bits and bobs Ginny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your lucky friends, Laura! These are so gorgeous and the boxes are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am one lucky girl. You are such an amazing friend! Thank you so much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved this gift ... I am so lucky to have you as a friend, Laura! You are truly a sweet and amazing friend!!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!