Wednesday, May 15, 2013

The Best Day Ever - Inspiration Elevator

Hello there!

It's that day of the month again that I get to share my Inspiration Elevator creation with you!  I so love these monthly challenges and what they help me create.

If you check in often, you may recall that the purpose of this challenge group is to take our scrapbooking to the next level, to stretch our creative process and to grow as artists by embracing challenges that make us think, work and grow. You can view all of the challenges on my blog by clicking here or by checking out our new Inspiration Elevator Blog, here.

This month, was my turn to issue the challenge.  This is what I came up with:

"As we welcome spring, scrap something to do with a new beginning, it could be an opportunity, a relationship, or even the world's reawakening after it's long winter's nap. Don't forget to journal and describe why you have chosen your topic."

I chose to utilize this challenge to document our youngest son's official adoption day.  On July 5, 2005, at almost 2.5 years old, this sweet faced boy became a legal part of our family.  Yes, he lived with us since birth.  And yes we loved him since he arrived.  And yes he always was 'ours' in our hearts.  But that little piece of paper, signed by a judge, meant the world to us.  It meant forever!  July 5th will always be 'Gotcha Day' in our home, the beginning of our future.

 In keeping with a Spring theme, I kept my layout clean and crisp, and used fresh colours.
 I matted just about everything for more impact.  I love the way it makes all of these colours pop.
 Stitching is an easy (though not necessarily quick) way to add texture.
I love this title created with the Silhouette, It pretty much says it all.

This is what I journalled, "July 5/05 - Today marks a new beginning. It's official, you are ours!  Not only in our hearts, but in all of the other ways that also matter.  We now share a name, a past, and can now create a future together as a family of five!"

 I hope you will stop by and see what our designers on this adventure have created:



We would also like to welcome our May Guest Designer, Denise Morrison. Her artsy, eclectic style inspires her followers to see how "Life is Yummy" at her blog!

Thank you so much for visiting!
Laura
xoxo



14 comments:

  1. What a beautiful new beginning to chronicle on your page, Laura. Love how those colours pop against the black, and I really love your title and how your words weld vertically.
    - Ann
    lovestnpaper.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous, Laura!! I love the colours you used, and the from-the-heart journaling is perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful new beginning Laura! Love your design, title work and how the colors just pop off your page!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sweet Laura! Great color combo! Really like the impact of all the matting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so sweet...love how you matted everything for more pop...looks GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so sweet! I love how you matted everything for POP! It looks great!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this...what an amazing day this must have been! Incredible layout! Everything just pops!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely page!! That truly must have been an amazing day!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The black matting creates such a stunning look.
    How special and lovely this is.
    Truly a special day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful! Love the black matting!

    ReplyDelete
  11. wonderful memories and gorgeous layout.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your perfectly put together design, the gorgeous contrast you are getting from the black matting and the fantastic color palette. What a wonderful moment to capture. Beautiful photo!!! Glad to be part of this team- lots of inspiration here.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love all the shadowing with the chocolate colour on this one! Makes for such an amazing impact! LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a gorgeous design and such a wonderful new beginning to document! I love the photo - such a cutie!
    Joanne xo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!