Sunday, June 02, 2013

Beach Bum - PageMaps - Fancy Pants

Hi there!

Last week I attended a scrappy birthday party with a fabulous group of friends.  I only got one page done ( or almost done) because we were have just too much fun!

When I go to crops and other events where I know I will be socializing, I like to take sketches along to help me get started.  This allows me to chat and still create,

I created this layout using a PageMaps sketch and their boy - girl challenge.  Basically, taking a feminine looking sketch and using it in a less feminine or flowery way.

 I also used some of my Fancy Pants 'Down by the Shore' collection which I bought to scrapbook my recent cruise photos.

 While I still added some flowers to my layout, they are not fru-fru. In the form of rub-ons and clips they don't really read girly to me.
 I used this sweet whale rub on as my largest embellie in place of the flower cluster.

 More boy-ish elements.

Here is a look at the PageMaps sketch that inspired my layout.....


I am so happy to have one more layout done for my cruise album!  You should play along!

Thanks for visiting!
Laura
xoxo

3 comments:

  1. You are brilliant at making these pages this one is gorgeous Ginny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a fabulous page Laura! I love the stitched frame!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great Laura! I love your style!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!