Saturday, June 15, 2013

Yesterday and Today - Inspiration Elevator

Hello there!

 If you are here for my Made Especially For You's 2 Year Blogoversary Blog Hop, please scroll down.

It is the 15th of the month and that means it is time for another fabulous Inspiration Elevator challenge!

You may recall that the purpose of this challenge group is to take our scrapbooking to the next level, to stretch our creative process and to grow as artists by embracing challenges that make us think, work and grow. You can view all of the challenges on my blog by clicking here or check out our new Inspiration Elevator Blog, here.

This month's challenge is issued by the super talented, Sue Sykes. Here's what she had to say in her very own words:

"I have all of my parents' photos stored at my place.  Shortly after I began scrapbooking,  my mom and I spent hours removing her photos from those dreadful magnetic albums and documenting dates on the back of them all.  So I will often sift through them and marvel at how much things change - and yet, they also seem to stay the same.

This month, I'd like to challenge you all to create a comparison layout or project - THEN and NOW.  It can be any topic; just document the parallels and differences between an event/person/place from the past and a modern likeness.  REMEMBER TO JOURNAL!! :)


I struggled with this one a bit.  I have really old photos in storage from my in-laws, but we have never met any of the people int he photos and both my in-laws have passed away so I am unable to attain any information about the photos.  From my side, we have a  very small family and I only have a handful of photos from my own childhood, none of which sseemed really appropriate for this challenge.  

 Can't wait to see what you all create!"

Then, the other day while I was printing out a recipe, I found a photo of my husband and I, hat was left in the scanner bed of the printer.  The photo was taken recently and it reminded me that we have recently celebrated our 26th anniversary.  so I decided that we would be the topic for this challenge.  This is the layout that I created....

I pulled a wedding photo from an old album for my 'then' photo and used this photo taken on a recent cruise as my 'now' photo.  I used my silhouette to create just about every aspect of this layout i combined papers from many manufacturers, starting with grey pp's as my grounding area and adding colours in to make things pop.

I am loving the colours I chose to work with and the pretty paper flowers.
I decided the title was too light, of course I had glued it onto my layout before I decided that.  But I coloured it in a bit with a Copic marker  and then added some glitter pen to the top of it.

The journaling reads... "Then we were young innocents, facing the world head on together.  I cannot say that we overcame all obstacles.  But right here, right now, we sure do have the together part right!"

 I hope you will stop by and see what our designers on this adventure have created:

Sue Sykes
  Lisa Moen
Christa Uttley
  Cathy Harper
 Lisa Spiegel
 Joanne Burton
 Laurel Seabrook
 Jodi Wilton
Michelle Hernandez
Ann Jobes
Laura Whitaker
 
We would also love to see you play along and link up with us over at the  Inspiration Elevator Blog, here.

Thanks for visiting.
Laura
xoxo


11 comments:

  1. Wonderful layout, beautiful couple!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful Then&Now topic! I love how the colours pop on the grey background!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you did a layout on your relationship! Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just gorgeous!! Your journaling is the perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this, beautiful layout, love all the Silhouette cuts~
    And love that you created this about your relationship!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how you did the title work! GREAT LO!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love our flowers and title work, Laura! Beautiful layout!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gerat photos, both then and now. Your page is fabulous. Love the backgound and all the Silhouette shapes you used. I have got to use mine more! This is really beautiful Laura.
    Louise

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great work with the Silhouette, Laura. The grey is such a soft neutral background that emphasizes those beautiful photos and your colour pops of yellow and rose are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great page Laura! I love the 'then and now' photos of you and your hubby! What a great topic for this challenge! Awesome use of your Silhouette also!
    Joanne xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think you guys are adorable and have hardly aged a day! Your title is ingenious and I love how your colour palette is traditional and nostalgic while being funky and modern too. Genius I say!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!