Thursday, July 18, 2013

Lovin' the lake - Boys Rule, Elle's Studio, Carte Bella

Hi there!

I have a new layout up on the Boys Rule blog today.  I am totally loving this summer kit!  Laura-Lee has completely outdone herself this time around!

 I had a lot of fun hand cutting waves from one of he patterned papers and  layering them up to create flow and movement on my page.  I paired this with a die cut sun, in a large scale,  and then kept the embellies pretty simple.   I do not usually do a bold pattern for a background and thought I'd try it to mix things  up,  I really like it especially with the simple embellies. I also cheated ever so slightly as I am  also in this photo with my little guy!

 I added some stitching around my sun's rays for extra oomph.
 Look at that bling sparkle, like water reflecting on it.
 

Thanks for visiting, and don't forget to check in at the Boys Rule blog to see all the inspiration that is posted there!

Laura
xoxo

7 comments:

  1. How lovely just right with this heatwave Ginny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. love,love,love this! Totally amazing! pinning it now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this!!! The waves, the sunburst - all of it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cool, love those waves and the sun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this layout! Those waves are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing layout Laura!! Love those layers for the waves and the stitching on the sun is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wonderful layout. those waves are amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!