Monday, July 29, 2013

Make a Splash - Let's Get Sketchy - Fancy Pants

 Hi there!

Happy Monday!  It's the 5th Monday at the month, so that makes it fair game at Let's Get Sketchy this week, instead of a sketch we are having an anything goes challenge!  You are welcome to share any layout you are working on this week!

Here is mine.....


... yup more cruise pictures!  Can you tell I am on a mission to get this album done?
I incorporated a ton of hand-stitching into this layout.
Also some mist spatter and a few sequins (loving them).

For my title I really mixed it up, the 'make a' portion was printed onto the page using a sketch pen,  then I filled in the font with a red Copic. the 'splash' portion was cut out of the base page using the Silhouette, I then backed it with a fun patterned paper. After that I added the yellow stitching and then went for broke and added the waves and water drops stitching.

I used this sketch from Canadian Scrapbooker

Now it's your turn, pop on over to the Let's Get Sketchy blog to see what the rest of the DT created and link up your take on the sketch for your chance at this month's prize!

Thanks for visiting!
Laura
xoxo

8 comments:

  1. Lo e your title work and the sun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great LO!

    Be blessed, Beckie
    http://justbcreativecrazy.blogspot.com
    Join me for a Just Because Linky Party on August 1st.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun layout Laura!! Love how you used the Sketch and the great stitching on your page!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your layout is great! Love your take on that sketch! My fave is the sunshine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a fun summery layout! I love your hand stitching and creative title!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the stitching around the title ... so cool! Great layout!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The mist and the sequins are the perfect touches to this great layout!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!