Sunday, July 21, 2013

Simply Sweet - Fancy Pants

Hi there!

Did you hear that Fancy Pants and Gossamer Blue have a combined one month Guest Design Team spot call?  You can find all of the info. here.  I toyed with playing along, I mean it really would be a thrill!  Well, more than a thrill - a dream come true.  But, I have sort of been feeling like, hmm, well I don't know it's hard to describe but basically that I am the only one who likes my designs.  Which I suppose, basically, is not a bad thing as ultimately they are for me, but when you share them with everyone in the whole wide world you kind of hope that they appeal to others as well, do you know what I mean?

Then I discovered this sketch site called Sketchbook 365 and loved the current sketch, so I thought what the heck and combined the challenges to create this.....

 Pretty much everything is Fancy Pants, from the Memories Captured line,  with the exception of the Studio Calico wood stars and a couple of Evaliscious flair as I did not have the coordinating FP flair.
 I am loving the look of buttons and flair tucked into the layers of the page.
 The black alphas are from an older FP collection, the peachy coloured alphas are from Memories Captured.
The suggestion of journaling right in the middle of the page can be a little daunting, but it really looks fab!

Here is the sketch that inspire me .....


Thanks for visiting!
Laura
xoxo

6 comments:

  1. Laura, you are selling yourself short! I love your layouts! Apply, they can say no, but they can also say, "YES!" Good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the effect of the simple layering on this! So lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you used the corrugated paper as an accent. The picture of your sweeties is sooo cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well you are definitely not alone in liking your designs!!! This is a super take on the sketch with a really pretty colour palette and an adorable photo. Thanks so much for joining us at Sketchbook365 and hope to see you back next month to share more of your LOVELY work, Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, I like your page also :)
    Lovely clean & simple (which is never as simple as it sounds btw) and the journalling spot looks great!
    Absolutely adorable puppy.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!