Saturday, September 28, 2013

Pop Up Card Tutorial - Boys Rule

Hi there!

I have a tutorial up on the Boys Rule blog today and I thought I would share it here too!   I needed a birthday card for my son and thought that a pop up card would be fun to try.  As I often like to do, I grabbed the camera and snapped some pictures to turn my first attempt into a tutorial.

 I started out with a 10 x 5 inch base and scored it to make a 5 x 5 card.
 You will also need a strip of cardstock measuring 1/2 inch x 4.5 inches.  Score this at 1 inch, 2 inches and 4.25 inches.
 Add a piece of patterned paper that measure 4.75 x 4.75 to the front of the card.
 Now add two more pieces with the same dimensions to the inside of the card.
 Adhere the small strip of paper as shown in the photos.
 
 You want to be sure that the card closes flat.
 And opens all the way, with this piece in place.
 Now decorate the front, I used lots of bits and pieces as well as some alpha stickers from the current Boys Rule kit.
 
 Now for the inside, we have our pop up 'mechanism' in place so now we have to add something to pop!  I added a little scrap of cardstock to mount all of my elements to.  This is optional.
 ...side view....
 And now some fun bits and pieces, also from the current kit.
 
 Here is  a better look at the inside.
 And outside.  Cute right?  I hope he likes it!

Don't forget to pop in at the Boys Rule blog and see all the great inspiration over there! Thanks for visiting!
Laura
xoxo

3 comments:

  1. This is awesome!! I love love love the mustache paper and loving the pop up effect!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this Laura!
    I am sharing your blog link for this tutorial at My Scraps & More.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!