Friday, September 27, 2013

Sketch-y Friday - ScrapMuch?

Hi there!

I have a new sketch up at ScrapMuch?....

 ... is it okay to admit that I created this sketch months ago, that my style has changed a lot since then, that this sketch stumped even me!


But since it was my turn to create a sample, I gave it my all.  Sometimes when I am not feeling crafty or am too tired to pull out crafty stuff I play with my Silhouette software.  That's exactly what I did here.  First I made a film strip cut file, because I had been wanting to for a while.  I am not gonna lie, it took a little while to create, but I love making my own files so it was fun, too.  Then I started laying elements down, sort of like a mock up, combining cut files I have purchased with ones that I have made, keeping to the layout of the sketch.  This is a screen shot of what I was working on.


Then I set to, cutting out the elements and creating my layout......

..... um yeah, I kind of like how this turned out!

It is clean and crisp, but still has some fun factor.  Have I told you how much I love this machine???  Well, I love the software just as much!

 Here are a couple of close up shots.

Thanks for visiting, you know I love it when you do!
Laura
xoxo

3 comments:

  1. This is FABULOUS! I loveeeeeeeeee the colors, the film strip and that camera!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is gorgeous! I'm gonna need a tutorial on how you created that filmstrip!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!