Monday, October 28, 2013

Poppa's Boys - Let's Get Sketchy

Hi there!

Happy Monday!  It's my team's turn to create over at Let's Get Sketchy this week, and I am here to share my layout with you!
 
I am not sure exactly why, by I had this overwhelming feeling that my layout should be vintage / nostalgic this week, so this is what I cam up with.


I used random elements form my stash, creating sort of a vintage rec room feel.




These pictures were taken about 20 years ago of my late father in law and my big boys, he was such an incredible man and was our man caregiver to my eldest and second for many years, while we were a two working parents home.




This is our sketch of the week, created by the talented Ashley Horton.

Now it's your turn, pop on over to the Let's Get Sketchy blog to see what the rest of the 'Team B'  DT created and link up your take on the sketch for your chance at this month's prize!

Thanks for visiting!
Laura
xoxo

8 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous! LOVING the texture, the photos and the arrows!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahhhh great pics!!! and love your background texture!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the vintage feel to your layout Laura and the photos tell such a beautiful story.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What precious memories and photos! I love your texture and ruler and arrows are awesome! I love the colors as well! Fabulous job Laura!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome Laura! I love the vintage look you added to the page and the way you used the modeling paste! And I really love those cork triangles!! Such a fun embellishment!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a fantastic page! Love the texture and details!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such great photos, wonderful memories to get down! The texture you've created is really beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!