Monday, November 11, 2013

Autumn - Let's Get Sketchy - Echo Park

Hi there!

Happy Monday!  It's my team's turn to create over at Let's Get Sketchy this week, and I am here to share my layout with you!


I have to tell you that I had so much fun creating this layout.  I got out some paint, inks and mist, and a new bubble wrap stamp  and set about adding some fun factor to my page.  I also pulled out a lot of things out of my 'spare parts' bin like the die cut flowers and leaves as well as the wooden tag, it was like an Easter Egg hunt for scrappers! lol

I rumpled my kraft paper leaves and added ink to the creases to give them extra texture.   I stamped with brown paint.

Basically, I put ink o anything I could.

 This large wooden tag was yellow but more of a pastel, i added extra ink to 'fall' it up a bit.

I also crumpled the flowers to make them look more like wilted end of the season blooms.

 I love the layers the sketch suggested.

 I also added a bit of stitching for a bit more texture.

And here is the fab sketch created by DT member Jenessa.


Now it's your turn, pop on over to the Let's Get Sketchy blog to see what the rest of the 'Team B'  DT created and link up your take on the sketch for your chance at this month's prize!

Thanks for visiting!
Laura
xoxo

10 comments:

  1. Love the big banners and beautiful flowers! Wonderful layout!
    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous!! I loveeeeeeeeee the colors, the leaves and the layers!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Those fall colors are amazing together and I love that you inked it all up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did such an awesome job with this week's sketch! I love your colors and product choices, and what an adorable photo! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful page! Love the layers, stamping, stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome page Laura and I love all of the techniques you used!! The Fall colors look great with your photo and I love how you used the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great take on the sketch, Laura! And awesome layering!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love, love, love the colors and patterns you chose for this layout! It's just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so beautiful! Love the fall colors, stamping, and stitching!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!