Thursday, November 28, 2013

Fabulous Trip a Project Life Inspired tutorial - Boys Rule

Hi there!

I have a tutorial up on the Boys Rule site today, sharing a fun way to create a Project Life inspired traditional scrapbook layout.  I love all of the Project Life and SN@P products, but I am a traditional scrapper, so how can I combine the two?  This is what I came up with.  I do not need special pocket page protectors, and I had everything I needed in my November / December Boys Rule kit!


To get started, I decided on a base page that was fairly neutral, you will not see much of this, and a stash of the SN@P cards and random embellishments.  As well as a handful of photos that I could crop down.  This was the perfect opportunity for me to scrap some random (and not great) photos of a trip we took to Kalahari water park a few years ago.


Next I created a grid on my page, with a pencil and rule, making 12  3" x 4" sections.  You can choose at this point to have your page sit so your sections are portrait or landscape.  I am working in a landscape mode.  Keep your pencil marks light and you will be able to easily erase them later on.


Now crop down your photos so they sit just inside of your grids, approximately 2 7/8" by 3 7/8". Then decide where you would like your photos to site, you ccan use as many or as few photos as you wish.


Now we need to fill in the blank spaces with those SN@P cards.


Trim those SN@P cards down to the same size as your photos as well. You will notice I trimmed down one of my photos a little smaller so that I could mount in on a SN@P card for some extra interest.


Now round all those corners.


And adhere everything down.  Go ahead and erase those pencil lines, too.


This is the fun part, add on those embellishments!  Layer them, pop them up, add staples ... have fun.  Don't forget a bit of journaling, too! 





Here are a few close up shot of my embellishing.

I hope this inspired you to try something fun and new on your next layout that you have a few photos for.

Thanks for visiting!
Laura
xoxo

3 comments:

  1. Love your page! Great step-by-step! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you've done this ... you make it look so easy!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!