Friday, November 01, 2013

November 1st Stuck?! Reveal

Hi there!

There is a brand new sketch up on the Stuck?! Sketches site today, here is my take on it....

I had a lot of the fun with the sketch, pulling in papers in my current favourite colours, yellow, grey, black and teal.


Our sponsor for the sketch, Linnie Blooms, provided the Senior DT with some canvas embellishments to play with.  Thank you Linda! I received some sweet birds and had a lot of fun with them.  Keep reading for some detailed photos showing how I altered the canvas pieces.



 I used paint and an old margarine container to create my circular element.

Sweet little die cut flowers and some doodling finish off my layout.

Now for some details on how I altered my canvas bird, they arrived like this.

I used a mask and some ink on a dauber to create a polka dot pattern on one of the birds.

I trimmed a second one down to create a wing, also masking on a pattern.  This time chevron with grey ink.

Don't these patterns look sweet together!

Using the scrap from the second bird, I hand cut a few leaves to adorn my layout.  I ended up masking on stripes with teal ink.

Please pop over to the Stuck?! Sketches site to see what the rest of the team created, and then hop over to the Linnie Blooms blog to see what they have been creating, I promise you will not be disappointed.

Once we have you in the mood to create, link up your take on the sketch for your chance to win a Linnie Blooms Layout Kit!

Thank you for visiting today, I love it when you do!
Laura
xoxo

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous. Great colors and I love the bird.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohhh love your page and the altered bird!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous page Laura! Love the design and the pretty mix of the Yellow and Teal together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. GORGEOUS! I loveeeeeeeee the colors!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a beautiful layout!! I love your bird! TFS your process!! :) Evie

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!