Saturday, December 28, 2013

Folded Circles Faux Ruffle Tutorial - Boys Rule

Hi there!

I have a tutorial up on the Boys Rule site today, check it out.....


To demonstrate this technique I will be creating a card, but of course you can apply this technique to any project.

 I am using a 1 inch circle punch to punch several circles out of double sided patterned paper.
 Now score each circle at 1/4 and 3/4 inches.
 You should end up with several of these.
Next I will prep my card front, adhering two designs of patterned paper together.
 Next I will begin laying down my scored circles, butting the scored edges up against each other, along the seam of the two patterns.
Wrap the last 1/4 inch of each circle around  the back of the prepped card front.

 Now pierce stitching holes along the centre of  the circles, across the entire width of the card.
 Add some stitching.
 Next add your piece to a card base and then embellish the front.
As you can see this is just another fun and easy way to add a bit of dimension and fun factor to your page.

Thanks for visiting.
Laura
xoxo

12 comments:

  1. Love this idea Laura! Fabulous card!
    Hope you don't mind, but I will be sharing this over at My Scraps & More :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is amazing!! LOVING what you did to those circles and loving the stitching!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so nice! love the stitching on top of the circles...

    ReplyDelete
  4. love this! pinning it to use later. thank you for the great tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this technique. I will pinning it for future use. Thank you, Laura!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous idea. Love the stitching.
    Have a great day.
    Cindy Lou

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is amazing. Thanks Laura!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun technique Laura! I love how it looks on your card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this! It looks awesome! tfs!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!