Sunday, December 22, 2013

Peppermint Body Scrub

Hi there!

Are you looking for a last minute handmade gift item?  I wanted to give a gift to some sweet friends of mine, and I wanted it to be handmade.  After doing some surfing of the www, this is what I came up with.....


The body scrub smells great, leaves your skin smooth and soft and it could even be edible if you were so inclined! ha!

To create this, blend 2 cups of sugar with  1/4 of light oil, like grape seed or almond oil.  Add Peppermint Extract to desired scent.  And mix well,  you will need to keep adding oil a bit at a time until  you achieve a smooth but still grainy consistency.  You do not want to saturate the sugar.  It is not hard and you will see what I mean as you blend.  Then divide into two portions and colour half with red food colouring.  Layer into a jar, as shown.  This has a 2 month shelf life, but it probably will not be around that long!

I created this print and cut tag in my Silhouette software.

Thanks for visiting!
Laura
xoxo



4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the idea!! Super cute gift!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks great! I have been wanting to try it and I have all the stuff, but it is last on my list :( Your friends will definitely appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. totally pinned this, I'm going to have to try it!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!