Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Aim High / Inspiration Elevator / Boys Rule

Hi there!

 You may recall that the purpose of this challenge group is to take our scrapbooking to the next level, to stretch our creative process and to grow as artists by embracing challenges that make us think, work and grow. You can view all of the challenges our new Inspiration Elevator Blog, here.

Our challenge this month comes from the very talented Jodi Wilton . Here's what she had to say in her very own words:

"My challenge for January. The New Year is always about bettering ourselves; looking into the future, and making goals (some attainable, some not so much). Scrapbooking is about recording the story and most of these stories are in the past, so we don't forget the memories we created. For this challenge I would like you to scrapbook yourself, your family, or a particular family member and where you (or them) would like to be in ten years time. The focus for this challenge is on the journaling. Your layout or art journal may be in the form of a letter to your future self. Your layout may or may not have any photo at all and be all about the journaling. Dip deep! Really think about what you can (or they can) accomplish! What are your dreams? What are your goals? Good luck ladies!" 

I decided to create my layout about goals for my youngest son, as he has been going through some challenges lately so he is always at the forefront of my mind.

I am always drawn to wood grain as a background, and the bright turquoise seemed to work perfectly with my son's t-shirt but more so it is a happy colour for me.

I added some paint with a stencil to this negative chipboard star, then gave it a few spatters of mist.
I have been having fun adding paint via stencils to my base pages lately, and this page was not exception.  The bold title reinforces my journalling.
Here is what my journalling reads, "Some days your world seems to be unnecessarily challenging; having to deal with things like learning disabilities, bullying and sick pets.   Yet you handle everything thrown at you like a champ.  My goal and hope for you is that you continue to be your happy, adventurous self.  Willing to try new things, make new friends, overcome challenges and find your bliss.  I know great things are in your future, I know you can do whatever dream that you decide to chase."

As always I added a few clusters of embellies onto my page.

I used the current sketch and kit from Boys Rule Kit Club as the timing was just perfect, as were the products.  Everything just seemed to fit nicely together, along with this latest school photo of my son.  (Please feel free to join in on the challenge over there.)


Laura Whitaker  - you are here

I hope you feel inspired to play along with our challenge this month, and when you do, please share it using the linky tool on our Inspiration Elevator blog and/or our Inspiration Elevator Facebook page. We'd LOVE to see what you made!

Thank you for visiting!
Laura
xoxo  

12 comments:

  1. Absolutely LOVE the layering on your layout! I Your journaling says it all... very heartfelt, and honest! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. fantastic layering- love the color scheme of this page and the journaling is spot on- great great page!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great layers and chipboard accents!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your journaling is so heartfelt and beautiful. You do a fantastic job of making clusters work so well together vs looking cluttered. Great pic of Timmy too! He's so photogenic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so loving this page Laura!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did a beautiful job with this challenge Laura! I love the honesty in your journaling and all the little techniques you used on your design. Awesome!
    Joanne xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a beautiful page...love your story and all the details you used to tell it!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this...the colors, the designs, and your journaling...he is such an awesome kiddo!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great take on the challenge Laura! Love the mask you used in the background on the wood grain pattern! And great journaling for your son!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love you masking, colors and design Laura!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic boy layout, I love the turquoise on the wood grain too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How lovely! I adore your words to Timmy and I know your struggle of late put so much meaning into this design. I love your layers and paper choices. Fabulous.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!